Skip to main content
Answered

No sound from 4K player

• 11 September 2023
  • 4 replies

I will keep this brief.  I have just set up my playbase with 2 play 1’s as surround.  The current setup is via my Samsung TV and Sky Q box

I have two issues.   My 4K Pannasonic player has no sound at all.  It is set up with an HDMI VIdeo/Audio to the TV.   It used to be set up when I had my old receiver via separate audio and video hdmi.  I have “told” the 4k player that sound should be a single HDMI but to no avail.  There  is no audio.  Equally I have “told” the TV to expect both sound/video but its just not working but I can’t see where the instruction has gone wrong.

2nd Issue is minor but annoying.  All the apps apart from one on the SKy Q box are sending sound to the playbase  eg Prime/Netflix.  However Youtube isn’t.  No sound from the youtube app at all.   I can access youtube via an app on the TV and there is sound.  Cannot work out why the app on Sky would be different/

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

What specific Panasonic player and TV model do you have?

DP-UB450 is the player

TV is UE55RU747OUxxU

Userlevel 7

Be sure you are using the VIDEO OUT (VIDEO/AUDIO) HDMI port on the UB450.

On the UB450, under Digital Audio Output, set Dolby Audio to Bitstream and DTS/DTS-HD to PCM since your TV doesn’t support DTS audio. With these settings, you should be getting Dolby Digital 5.1 audio from Dolby-encoded discs and Stereo PCM audio from DTS-encoded discs.

On the TV, set the Digital Output Audio Format setting to Dolby Digital.

On the Sky Q box, set the Digital audio output HDMI setting to Dolby Digital.

Be sure you are using the VIDEO OUT (VIDEO/AUDIO) HDMI port on the UB450.

On the UB450, under Digital Audio Output, set Dolby Audio to Bitstream and DTS/DTS-HD to PCM since your TV doesn’t support DTS audio. With these settings, you should be getting Dolby Digital 5.1 audio from Dolby-encoded discs and Stereo PCM audio from DTS-encoded discs.

On the TV, set the Digital Output Audio Format setting to Dolby Digital.

On the Sky Q box, set the Digital audio output HDMI setting to Dolby Digital.

Many thanks for help.

All now working as it should be (I think).  I was being thrown by the disc I was testing which was a Blu-Ray called Laurel Canyon and it offered a staight 2 channel stereo or a Dolby digital 5.1 soundtrack.  You need to choose on the player what you want.   The problem was none of the options appeared to be selectable.

I have however tried a random 4k disc and it is playing as it should.

The issue with youtube has also been solved doing what you suggested.

Again many thanks.