Skip to main content

mulitple surrounds

Given the hype of the Nakamichi Dragon 11.4.6 system, it would be amazing to see Sonos support multiple era 300 surrounds. Adding two more 300s to a large space would yield 11.2.6 which I think would be a good option and in a large room suppprt a better atmos experience overall. Bonus points for allowing the use of more than 2 subs. But I can’t see many users doing that.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

At some point, I suspect you run in to bandwidth issues with so many wireless streams, and the electronics necessary to push all of them. Which leads you in to ‘can we put all of that in a device, sell it to the few who want it, and still make money’ kind of thought process. I’m in favor of the concept, though, I really want a separate center speaker, but I’m not really holding my breath. Of course, I also don’t have access to their market data, or where they’re trying to fit in to the landscape, either, although ease of use seems more important to them than high end capability….

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If the 5 GHz channel gets too busy from multiple surrounds that could be a problem but even the 802.11a standard by the WiFi Alliance specifies peak bitrates of 58Mbps and the latest with MIMO is about 200 Mbps.

Might limit you to surrounds and Subs with the newest radios?