Skip to main content

I only noticed this after updating the Sonos iOS app, but it could have been a problem prior to the update. The microphone for Beam and One are disabled by default, and i lost the ability to turn it back on. I understand that speakers setup as surround speaker pairs will need to have their microphones turned off. But I don’t know what’s causing Beam to lose its microphone as well. No wonder I’m not able to add Sonos Voice Control to Beam!

Another thing I noticed is that Network is shown as “Unavailable” for my One and One SL, which were setup as a surround speaker pair. 

My questions are:

1. What’s causing the microphone to disable on my Beam and is there a fix for that? 
  2. What’s causing the network for my surround speakers to show as “Unavailable”? Is it a problem, and if it is, is there a fix for that as well?

Surround sound seems to still work. Will attempt to retune trueplay and see what comes up. 

I should note that Sonos Voice Control was working prior to iOS app update, which would indicate that the mic was ON by default for Beam. 

Would appreciate your help.

I am also experiencing the same issue, my microphone has seized to exist. I'm also unable to connect my Sonos One SL to alexa voice services since the crash last week.

I've updated the newest version of the app and factory reset both my device and amazon account and still nothing. 

The device appearing on Alexa app, however on the Sonos app it crashes on pairing when showing 'Signing in to Alexa app'. 

I rely on my Sonos for many things, most of all the voice commands and reactive bedroom alarm in the morning which I am missing dearly haha, please help!!! 

​​​​​​

I have the same issue on my beam 2 after replacing my one sl surrounds with era 300 as surrounds all working before I swopped.

Alas, there’s still no solution from the Sonos team.  Hopefully soon…

I have exactly the same issue since update of the app. Nothing works to sove this problem and I would love to go back to life with voice control. I don't get why this is question is not answered by sonos team

Actually I just solved this problem. I failed so many times to add google voice asistant but when I tried to add sonos voice control, it worked and mic got turned on. Then I tried to add google asistant again, it said then sonos control will be removed. Somehow this time I could go through all the process of adding google asistant and now it's working! Perhaps Mic is set to be on only when there's voice control connected to it?

I had alexa on my beam 2 .but when i swopped my one sl for the era 300 for surround sound I lost alexa and the mic on beam would not come on 

I tried sonos voice but it stopped my system from working ie no sound until I removed it 

I encountered the same issue yesterday.  The microphone on both my Sonos Beams have been disabled.  If I unplug and restart my Beam, the microphone is enabled -- and then somehow, it magically gets automatically disabled.  Very frustrating as it’s obviously impossible to use the voice assistant when there’s no microphone.

Sonos just seems to be digging their proverbial hole deeper and deeper.