Answered

LG TV turns off when streaming Dolby Atmos

• 10 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

My LG 55UM7000AUE 4K TV (2019/HDMI ARC) turns off for awhile while watching streaming apps on my Fire Stick 4K Max displaying Dolby Atmos on the S2 app.  Usually the TV will come back on in a couple seconds with sound; other times I’ll have pic, but no sound.  My system for the TV is the Arc, Sub Mini, and One SLs for the surrounds.  I’m using 8K HDMI cables now, but I had the same issue with 4K cables.  If I select Dolby Digital and not Best Available or Dolby Digital Plus in the Fire Stick audio settings the TV will not turn off, but then I only get Dolby Digital 5.1.  I’m thinking the issue is with the TV’s processor/HDMI Arc/CEC not the Fire Stick as I’ve lost sound when switching inputs from DVD to Xfinity, etc.   if I turn the TV off and wait awhile the sound will come back on with Sonos, but not always.  Another clue is that if I switch to internal speakers the Arc will not default back for my audio as it does with my other Sonos systems.  Oh, my audio signal with Xfinity is Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 for the most part.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Yes, I know a new TV with eArc will probably solve the issue, but that will have to wait for now.  

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 10 June 2023, 15:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Arc and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Simplink is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected, connect your other devices to the TV using DIFFERENT HDMI ports (specifically connect the Fire TV Stick to a different port).

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Try this:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Arc and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Simplink is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected, connect your other devices to the TV using DIFFERENT HDMI ports (specifically connect the Fire TV Stick to a different port).

So far, so good.  Thanks for your help, especially suggesting using the Sonos HDMI cable, which, thankfully, I did not give away.  I’ve got my fingers crossed this will fix the issue once and for all after almost 3 years of frustration.