Answered

iOS17.0

• 22 August 2023
  • 28 replies

Why Sonos Trueplay not working on new iPhone iOS17.0 update can Sonos please update your app too. 

icon

Best answer by ratty 22 August 2023, 10:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

How would a professional tune the system? Trueplay is the only way I know of to tune Sonos. Android users go without it, iPhone users can’t even go without it for a month? Is there really no iPhone or iPad you can borrow?

How would a professional tune the system? Trueplay is the only way I know of to tune Sonos. Android users go without it, iPhone users can’t even go without it for a month? Is there really no iPhone or iPad you can borrow?

No, and I shouldn’t have to worry about borrowing a phone from someone to apply room correction to a home theater setup.

Good point on professional calibration, even more emphasis on having something “better” available for the end user. 
Look, to me this really isn’t an issue… I can watch stuff on the setup and have tweaked it to the best of my ability for the best listening experience I can. I’m not looking for audiophile quality, but for the love of God.. If you’re going to sell folks home theater gear in 2023, you’d damn well better have some sort of room correction available. It’s really that simple. And why folks are trying to defend the absolutely indefensible is beyond me?????

I’m sure they’re going to get around to updating the app and all, I’m just really disappointed (right now) with my Sonos experience after hearing how great the product was supposed to be. If some folks here can’t seem to grasp or acknowledge that side of it, there’s really nothing more to say

Chilling out after work smoking a little of the devil’s lettuce, watching Brandon Butch’s 17.1 iOS update video on YouTube….I had this thought ..The Sonos App division only supports one, that would be 1 Phone …. That would be the iPhone …. How are you unable to keep your App updated ? Serious question…

Regardless, if you’re the biggest Sonos fanboy, or someone who gives 2 flips about Sonos. If you’re running the company, how have you not hired a team to support the app? By supporting, I mean always working on, updating and developing. How, at a meeting 4 months ago did someone not say,” iOS 17 and the new 15 is coming out shortly. It’s the only phone we support. Let’s get our test bench up and start beta testing True Play with iOS 17”…… It was out in beta on the iPhone 14 for weeks prior to it’s release. 

To be honest I can only come up with one reason. The folk’s investing their money into the product are probably guys (or ladies) like myself. They’re being purchased to fill the gap between the complexities of installing a true Atmos system and the ease of a wireless setup that usually checks the spouse approval boxes…Kind of the Bose strategy… Thus, the target audience aren’t audiophiles, more so plug and play types that only know about the room correction because they’ve stumbled upon it in the app…..So no rush, the majority don’t even care…

Anyway, this isn’t intended to come across as bitching and moaning.. Just stoned, bored and sharing my thoughts :-)