Skip to main content
Answered

I’ve heard that you can connect up to THREE Sub (Gen 3)s to an Arc surround system. Is that true?

• 18 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I’ve heard that you can connect up to THREE Sub (Gen)s to an Arc surround system.  Is that true?

You definitely need two, which I have, if you want to hear the best out of your • Arc • Era 300 x 2 • Sub (Gen 3) x 2 • system.  It lowers the distortion of each sub by having two, and it sounds much better when you have one on each side of the room (left & right) having the port open and firing towards your ears.  I’ve tried it with just one, and yes it can get loud but the bass isn’t as tight as you have to raise the volume on it to levels that are just too high.  Plus, you won’t get your sub to get down to its stated 25Hz ability unless you have two of them.  You won’t believe how much better it sounds with two subs, regardless of volume.

i have one on my right wall, and my second is placed up against my big dresser where my Arc is on (and it gives the Arc more bass as the dresser resonates slightly and it’s not flabby at all.  I would like a third one to place on my left walll.  Am I able to do that?

Thanks!

pj

3 replies

I’ve never heard such a thing, and Sonos says it’s not possible. For my ears, a single Sub is fine, but recognize the possibility of needing a second in some circumstances. 

Can you share where you heard this? I’d be interested in reading more. 

The only way I know to add a third Sonos sub would be to add it to a second Sonos ‘room’, and group the two rooms. But that wouldn’t work with the output from a TV.

Badge

When I first bought my system I read it somewhere..

You’d be very surprised how much a second sub makes a difference.  I’d tell you to try it and if you can’t hear the difference then return it, but I have a feeling you’ll be keeping it!  😃

Badge

I’ve never heard such a thing, and Sonos says it’s not possible. For my ears, a single Sub is fine, but recognize the possibility of needing a second in some circumstances. 

Can you share where you heard this? I’d be interested in reading more. 

The only way I know to add a third Sonos sub would be to add it to a second Sonos ‘room’, and group the two rooms. But that wouldn’t work with the output from a TV.

I would suggest calling them and asking about it directly.