Answered

how to connect sonos arc, era100, sub + port to Denon AVR

• 16 March 2024
  • 3 replies

What is the correct way to connect this system. Sonos ARC, era 100's, sub and just purchased the Sonos port to seemless connect my Denon AVR? As it stands the ARC is connected to the arc output on the Sony TV (has earc) The port is line out to line in on the AVR I don't have any wired speakers as of yet but the system will allow wireless because Denon makes a whole  line of wireless. Looking for my next move in hopes to have the AVR power and amplify the system? Thanks for the help hopefully it's right here in front of me and I'm having a brain fart. 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 20 March 2024, 18:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sonos won’t work with a homecinema receiver. The Port isn’t meant to work with TV sound. You need to make a choice Sonos or Denon.

While I truly appreciate the response that simply cannot be accurate and on the off chance it is then shame on Sonos attached it the first sentence Sonos uses to describe the port ...."Bring the Sonos experience to your existing stereo or receiver, and enjoy endless possibilities for multiroom listening"  

Can anyone explain what I'm missing here?

While I truly appreciate the response that simply cannot be accurate and on the off chance it is then shame on Sonos attached it the first sentence Sonos uses to describe the port ...."Bring the Sonos experience to your existing stereo or receiver, and enjoy endless possibilities for multiroom listening"  

Can anyone explain what I'm missing here?

Depends on what you wish to accomplish.  If you wish to use the receiver to drive the Arc, Era 100’s and Sub, @106rallye is correct, the Arc, Era 100’s and Sub cannot be used with an A/V receiver, they are meant to connect directly to the TV through the HDMI-ARC port*. 

However, if you wish to incorporate the A/V receiver and it’s own speakers into the Sonos ecosystem, the Port can be connected to any digital/analog inputs and/or analog output on the receiver to accomplish this. 

*Note:  How the signal gets into the TV is up to you.  If you wish to use the receiver with no speakers and an HDMI connected to the TV as a kind of switching unit, you could.  It’s a pretty expensive way of doing it, and you will be wasting the amplifiers in the receiver, but it will work.