Answered

Hooking up 4 era speakers to sonos arc in one room surround

• 1 January 2024
  • 5 replies

I am trying to configure my room with a Sonos Arc, Gen 3 sub, and 4 era speakers as surrounds. I can’t get the 3rd and 4th eras to hook as surrounds in the room. Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 1 January 2024, 17:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The max is 2 surrounds.  

Only two surround speakers is supported.

Suggestions as to how to hookup the two other era speakers to play at the same time?

Userlevel 7

Suggestions as to how to hookup the two other era speakers to play at the same time?

You can group the two extra speakers with the Arc setup, but you will likely experience a slight audio delay from the grouped speakers when playing TV audio. Streaming music will be in sync though.

In all honesty, use them someplace else.  If you group them, not only will they be delayed, they are only going to be in stereo, and they will be playing all channels, so the surround and height channels will be mixed in with the fronts, messing up the soundstage and ruining any directional cues.  More speakers do not mean better sound, so stick with the optimum configuration.