Help with Sonos one disconnecting

• 19 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi. I’m new to the community and need a little help. 
ive got a one and one xl as a stereo pair. (Plan on adding a beam Black Friday if I can get this issue sorted) 

it’s getting to be a regular weekly occurance now where one of my speakers is dropping out (most common is the one xl but Alexa still works but only plays audio through the one). 
in system my set up it shows as ?+L. 
to get it back connected I have to fully reset both speakers and fully reinstall the full system and re add all of my service which is becoming massively annoying now! 

ive locked my WiFi channel. Tried 1, 6, now on 11 but seems to be making no difference at all. 

use sky hub router which I know uses the skyq box as a booster which could be an issue I’ve not found a resolution for 

both speakers are approx 12 feet from my router and 6 feet apart. and both connected wirelessly. 

ive submitter a diagnostics report tonight  1912550822

hopefully ive covered everything and thanks I advance 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @pmc88kie.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and providing a diagnostic report, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

Here are router settings that need to be verified. You can contact your ISP or the manufacturer of the router for assistance.

a. Auto channel must be set to Off

b. Choose best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)

c. Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz

d. Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled

e. UPnP should be enabled

f. 802.11 band should be set to b/g/n

g. Airtime Fairness should be disabled

If you can also hardwire one of the speakers to the router for you to have a more strong and stable connection between the speaker and the router.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi @pmc88kie.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and providing a diagnostic report, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

Here are router settings that need to be verified. You can contact your ISP or the manufacturer of the router for assistance.

a. Auto channel must be set to Off

b. Choose best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)

c. Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz

d. Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled

e. UPnP should be enabled

f. 802.11 band should be set to b/g/n

g. Airtime Fairness should be disabled

If you can also hardwire one of the speakers to the router for you to have a more strong and stable connection between the speaker and the router.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi mark. 
thanks for the response. 
I can confirm I have those settings in place for my network. 
wiring a speaker isn’t viable at present. Is there anything else I can try? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @pmc88kie.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Base on the diagnostic report 1912550822. the wifi channel you're using is jumping from one wifi to another.

Meaning the auto wifi channel is on.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi @pmc88kie.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Base on the diagnostic report 1912550822. the wifi channel you're using is jumping from one wifi to another.

Meaning the auto wifi channel is on.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Yeah my wifi is locked to channel 11. 
think I can safely say the speakers are not fit for purpose and will be going in the bin when I replace them with something else next week