Answered

Help! Can't connect surrounds or gen3 sub to arc!?

• 3 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi all, 

I can’t seem to connect to Sonos oneSL or Gen3 to my arc. They connect to each other and they work fine.

Have tried reboot/factory resetting all products and have tried to use the arc as a wired connection but nothing seems to work. After trying to connect the surrounds or sub, the app forgets it and I’m not able to find them again without factory resetting them! 

Can’t access the router as it is part of the building network, which I wonder could be the issue although everything was on channel one when I checked. Have tried advice on other threads but nothing seems to work :(

Diagnostic report is 876153472

Any help would be much appreciated! 

Bw

Hk

icon

Best answer by hks88 4 February 2022, 17:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Be sure you have WiFi enabled on the Arc’s settings in the Sonos app.

Thanks for the reply, it is and has been enabled but no dice 

Userlevel 7

The building may have a restriction on multi-point connection devices such as Sonos joining the network. Devices like cell phones or smart TV’s are single-point connection devices.

The building may have a restriction on multi-point connection devices such as Sonos joining the network. Devices like cell phones or smart TV’s are single-point connection devices.

Yeah I thought as much but the sonos sub seems to be connecting to the two Sonos one SLs, it’s just that that neither are connecting to the arc 

I am not sure it is wise for you to try this.  The words “building network” and “Sonos” may open up the possibility of someone else taking control of your speakers.  

If this turns out to be something that the building network prevents, consider getting a travel router that could connect to the building WiFi so as to provide internet access, but which creates your own secure LAN.

All sorted, Sonos customer service were helpful, I emailed the settings needed to the be changed on the ruckus router in order to allow the access points to pass multicast and broadcast traffic full time. Thanks for all the input!

In case someone has a problem like this in the future https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000006140