Answered

Glitch When Turning Volume Down

• 10 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I have the Ray bar & 2 x Play: 1's in surround set up and there seems to be some kind of glitch when i use my remote to turn the volume down. I've repeated the remote setup process a few times & still get the same issue, if i use the volume down button on the remote, the sound goes off completely, if I tap the volume up button the sound returns.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 11 July 2022, 14:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mcfc4heatons 

Thanks for your post!

It sounds like the volume down button is being mistaken for the mute button - if the light on the Ray goes green, then it is indeed muted. If this is the case, then I can only recommend trying another Remote Setup and pressing the mute button instead of the volume down button (if asked - it depends on whether the codes are recognised). If the remote is for a smart TV, it may be able to change it’s IR mode (which it would need to be in for the remote to control the Ray at all) to one which is recognised properly.

If the light on the Ray does not go green, something else is happening - in which case, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Badge +2

I don't think It's that, I have done the remote setup a few times correctly, mute works, volume works its just the volume down that is temperamental

I don't think It's that, I have done the remote setup a few times correctly, mute works, volume works its just the volume down that is temperamental

I would just temporarily train the Sonos App to use ANY ‘other’ TV/device infrared remote, to see if that then works correctly with the Ray (just as a test) - if it does/doesn’t work, take a Sonos system diagnostic report via the App.

Then switch things back to your original TV remote - setup that remote once again via the App and see if that then works too and submit a further diagnostic report.

When testing the TV remote by the way, just ensure some audio is actually outputting on the Ray.

If problems persist, then speak directly to Sonos Support Staff via this LINK