Frustrated and Need Help! Connecting Samsung Frame TV to Sonos Amp - through coaxial cable

• 20 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi have a new Samsung Frame TV in the living room and the one connect box is in the closed cabinet right next to the TV. 

My Sonos AMP set up is inside my media room which is on the other side of the house from the living room. The Sonos AMP is currently connected to my 5 ceiling speakers in the living room. That is working perfectly.

Now I want to get the Sonos Amp connected to my Samsung frame so I can run the TV audio to the ceiling speakers. The one connect is in the cabinet next to the TV and inside the cabinet I have a RG6 coaxial female port and then I have a Cat6 port. Both of these hook ups run directly into the media room across the house where my Sonos amp is stored. 

I need to use either the coaxial hook up or the CAT6 hook up but I cannot figure out the best set up.

Currently I have tried this set up:

I plugged an optical audio cable into the Samsung one connect box and put the other end in this switch that I found on Amazon (Optical-to-Coaxial or Coax-to-Optical Digital Audio Converter Adapter, Bi-Directional Digital Coaxial to/from SPDIF Optical (Toslink) Audio Converter with Fiber Optic and Coaxial Cable by ROOFULL https://a.co/d/iLESIKn) and then in the output I plugged a digital coaxial adapter on a RG6 cable and the plugged that into the port inside the cabinet. 

I then took the other end of the cable that is inside the media room and plugged that in to another digital coaxial adapter and then plugged that in to another one of the same switches (Optical-to-Coaxial or Coax-to-Optical Digital Audio Converter Adapter, Bi-Directional Digital Coaxial to/from SPDIF Optical (Toslink) Audio Converter with Fiber Optic and Coaxial Cable by ROOFULL https://a.co/d/iLESIKn). 

Then I purchased the Sonos optical audio to hdmi adapter (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sonos-female-to-male-audio-adapter-black/6352588.p?skuId=6352588&ref=212&loc=1&ref=212&loc=1&&&&&gbraid=0AAAAAD-ORIgBg30yw9jme4hoRFD5vkSgl&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3eDuy6Di_QIVFwetBh113wu7EAQYASABEgIf8PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds) and plugged that into the output of the Amazon switch and then put an HDMIeARC cable into the adapter and finally plugged that into the Sonos amp.

I tried to set it up on the Sonos amp to recognize the TV and get it going but it has not worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I really don’t want to have to put one of my Sonos sound bars underneath or above the TV (also in my case that wouldn’t work well as the Samsung one connect box is in the closed cabinet next to the TV)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Maybe this could work for you:

Badge

I have also bought  BINARY B-260-ARC AUDIO RETURN EXTENDER FOR HDMI ARC/SPDIF Which is a little cheaper but can only be found on eBay as Binary is usually behind a AV company pay wall (you have to be a AV provider)

it was also made for this exact situation and works beautifully.

question?

you have 5 speakers hooked into 1 amp?  What is their watt and ohm resistance rating?  I also want to do that but don’t want to blow my amp (they’re supposed to only have 4 speakers unless it’s the sonance Sonos speakers..)