Answered

Feature Request - Add ability to disable bluetooth on Arc and Era 300s

• 11 December 2023
  • 6 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Please add the ability to disable bluetooth (in addition to wifi, as already permitted) after connecting ethernet to the Era 300s and ARC.  Allow it to be reenabled with an existing button or after temporarily disconnecting the ethernet.

Having the bluetooth transmitting RF in close proximity to the viewer’s head is not desirable to many individuals if the system is already hardwired.  This is especially relevant to placement of the era 300s as rear speakers (in some cases approx 30cm away).  Personally, this modification would finally spur me to purchase the era 300s.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 11 December 2023, 19:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Sigh.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Sigh.

Another useful reply……just adds to you monumental endless number of replies….Sigh

Sigh.

Another useful reply……just adds to you monumental endless number of replies….Sigh

Heal thyself.  I’ll put my ratio of actually helpful replies verses negative nonsense to yours 7 days a week and twice on Sunday, even spotting you 2 posts out of 10.  Like me to list our last 200 posts so we can see what’s what? 

@Pmak 

There is no Bluetooth on an Arc.

When set up as surround speakers, the Bluetooth is disabled on any Sonos speaker that has a Bluetooth functionality. 

@Pmak

There is no Bluetooth on an Arc.

When set up as surround speakers, the Bluetooth is disabled on any Sonos speaker that has a Bluetooth functionality. 

The OP is probably speaking about the Bluetooth LE used for setup.  According to some, it stays enabled even after setup is done.   But (as stated right in the name) the output level of BT LE is so low, you have more chance of being harmed by the sunlight trickling in your kitchen window than the non-ionizing radiation contained in that LE signal.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

As  the fellow wearing two Bluetooth hearing aids and with a cell phone in my pocket I’m not too worried about some speaker a couple feet away.

Does the Bluetooth actually stay on when the internal radio is disabled (aka Disable WiFi) or is it turned off with the rest?

I wonder does the radio module Sonos uses even offer individual controls as an option? Could it shut down just Bluetooth or even unused WiFi bands?