Answered

Faulty Sonos beam Gen 2 relatively new

• 23 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

My Beam gen 2 is faulty. 

Only bought it a few months ago.

I'm at the end of my tether!

I pause a programme & the beam goes into deep sleep mode & won't wake up!

I have to reset it around 5 times a night & have to set it up again as a 'NEW Sonos.

I'm flummoxed again!

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 23 December 2023, 23:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Did you make a diagnostic after this happened and called Sonos? Do not reset before you’ve done that.

Rather than a Factory Reset, will a reboot (remove power for 30 or more seconds) recover the unit?

Regardless, your unit’s behavior is not normal. There will be data in the diagnostic that will help identify the issue. Unfortunately, this is a long weekend and support will be closed. You could post a diagnostic confirmation number here. Maybe a staff member will drop by and check your diagnostic.

I suggest that you also submit a diagnostic while the unit is operating.

Are there any error messages?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

My Beam gen 2 is faulty. 

Only bought it a few months ago.

I'm at the end of my tether!

I pause a programme & the beam goes into deep sleep mode & won't wake up!

I have to reset it around 5 times a night & have to set it up again as a 'NEW Sonos.

I'm flummoxed again!

Also, can you please answer the following questions:

1/ What is the source of the programme? 

2/ Does this happen from any other source?

3/ How is the Beam connected to the source?

4/ The next time this happens, can you open the Sonos App and select the Beam using the middle button at the bottom of the App and check that TV source is still shown?