Answered

Connectiviy

• 4 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I have Sonos speakers: 2 Play 1one, a Sub and a Playbar. I added the hardware called Port from Sonos so that my Sonos hardware communicates in AirPlay from Apple with my MacBook pro and my HomePod.

Since the connection of this new material, the sound gets chopped when I use my speakers to listen to the sound of the television which is an LG OLED55C6V.AEK. Before the addition of this new material, I used the option: "Audio output (Optical/HDMI ARC)" of the television. The technician who installed the Port advised me to continue using this option.

How should I set up my Sonos equipment so that the sound is heard clearly, without hatching?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 December 2022, 04:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The addition of a Port shouldn’t make any difference to the signal coming in through the Optical channel to the PLAYBAR. 

I suspect some sort of network issue, but I can’t be certain. At the least, I would recommend a network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power first, then reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to come back up before plugging your Sonos devices back in. And give them a couple of minutes to reboot and reconnect, before testing.

However, if this doesn’t change anything, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thanks.