Answered

Connecting my Arc onto my iOS

• 9 January 2021
  • 9 replies

Hello! I am having difficulties setting up my iOS devices to my Sonos2 arc.  I am able to connect my Android device though. I live in an apartment and I am not sure if that’s the issue. I have rebooted and forgot product and all troubleshooting suggestions except the Ethernet hardwire because our box is not a typical home box. Although I have my own network, the apartment too has the same provider.  Will that affect the inability to connect on my iOS devices?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 13 February 2021, 21:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Sacox,
If your Android mobile Sonos controller App is working, then I would expect the iOS version to work too.. can you perhaps describe your setup in a little more detail.

What Android device is in use (including the version of the Sonos controller App) and what is the iOS device ? - version of the iOS operating system and at what point is the App failing (error message?)

Also a bit more detail about the local network might help too and how you managed to setup the Android controller App.

My Android is a pixel 3. My husband has the iPhone XR software 14.4. Both of our iPads have the newest version of software. We have not yet tried to reconnect, now that we have the newest version of software. Our apartment is connected to Dish Fiber. We have the Sonos 2 app.

If the Android device with the Sonos App works okay and the iPhone/iPad devices are on the same wireless network and they each have the same Sonos App connected to the same Sonos Account - then they should work too. I can’t see a reason at the moment why they wouldn’t work for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Did you give the Sonos app on the iPhone enough rights?

Userlevel 7

On your iOS devices, try resetting the Sonos app under App Preferences and then close and re-open the app and try reconnecting.

Did you give the Sonos app on the iPhone enough rights?

I don’t know what that means? Enough rights?

On your iOS devices, try resetting the Sonos app under App Preferences and then close and re-open the app and try reconnecting.

Did that several times, and still cannot connect.

Did that several times, and still cannot connect.

Here’s a few suggestions to maybe consider …

• I have seen some mention about the iOS ‘Private Address’ MAC spoofing network feature causing issues, so you could perhaps see if switching off that feature in the iOS Wifi Network connection properties makes a difference.
  • Maybe switch off ‘WiFi assist’ on the iOS mobile to see if that helps.
  • Switch off any vpn or security (anti-virus/firewall) software.
  • Ensure local network access is enabled for the Sonos App in the iOS "settings/privacy/local network” (even try toggling this off and back on again, perhaps.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Sacox For example to discover devices on your network.