Answered

connect sonos one to samsung frame with sonos amp

• 1 March 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m trying to hide my cables and want a setup without visible wires. 

I have 2 sonos ones at both right and left of my bookshelves with a wall mounted TV. 

I was told by a sonos reseller that in order to connect my sonos ones to my Samsung frame 2020, I need a sonos amp. 

I have connected my sonos amp to my Samsung frame box (hdmi eArc) but no volume comes up. And I can’t connect it to my sonos ones. 

Please help! 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 1 March 2023, 18:49

View original

1 reply

I’m trying to hide my cables and want a setup without visible wires. 

I have 2 sonos ones at both right and left of my bookshelves with a wall mounted TV. 

I was told by a sonos reseller that in order to connect my sonos ones to my Samsung frame 2020, I need a sonos amp. 

I have connected my sonos amp to my Samsung frame box (hdmi eArc) but no volume comes up. And I can’t connect it to my sonos ones. 

Please help! 

There’s no way to use your Sonos Ones as a front right/left in a home theater setup.  What the reseller recommended was a (poor) workaround in which you buy a very expensive Amp, not use the Amp’s main purpose which is powering passive speakers, and instead use it to group with your Ones in order to play the TV source on the Ones.  Unfortunately,  this workaround has a couple problems.  One, grouped speakers are always delayed when playing a TV source, so the sound is not going to be synced with the video.  Two, the volume on the grouped speakers cannot be controlled with the TV volume.

In short, you got some bad advice.  You can try using the Ones grouped with the Amp as suggested, but I predict it will not be fit to the task.  Consider returning the Amp, getting a Sonos soundbar instead, and either relocate your Ones as surrounds, or leave them there for just music sources.