Skip to main content
Question

Cannot add surrounds and sub to Arc

• 6 July 2024
  • 2 replies

My Airplay on my Arc was giving problems (I was having to reboot it every time to show up in Airplay), so I figured I’d do the update.  BAD MOVE.

Now, I cannot connect my Surrounds (two Ones) or my Sub to the Arc anymore.  They did not appear at all in the app.

1. Did a full factory reset on everything
  2. Chose the Forget system in the app
  3. Detected, Added the Arc, chose a brand new room name
  4. Detects the Ones and added them to the room
    1. went through the setup/audio chime
    2. added them as surrounds to the Arc
    3. was prompted to select the left surround as chiming
    4. appeared in the System Settings as RoomID 2, RoomID 3 (The Arc is labeled as “RoomID”)
    5. However, they both show as “Not Connected” and “We were unable to custom tune your RoomID. Please try again later”
  5. Reset the Sub
    1. detects in app, click Add
    2. scan the NFC, it connects to wifi, “Your sub has been added”
    3. Let’s add a Sub to one of your rooms
    4. Select a product: Sonos Arc (RoomID)
    5. Adding Sub. This may take a moment…
    6. There was a problem adding your Sub
    7. Now in System Settings, there’s only a Sub that says ‘Not assigned”… the Arc/Ones are not there anymore

I did this process about 3x now.  Same results each time.  Anyone have any advice?

2 replies

Sorry you having issues connecting your Sonos products. Please do not perform another factory reset. Data contained that may be useful if a diagnostic is needed is removed when performing a factory reset.

To you problem try this;

• Unplug all your Sonos
  • Remove the Sonos app from your device  
  • Reboot your router and let it stabilize
  • Reboot your device and check up updates
  • Plug in your Sonos 1 x 1 and let each come back hopefully with a steady White or flashing Green LED. If the latter then you’ll setup your Sonos as brand new components.
  • Download the Sonos App and sign-in
  • If Sonos components are showing a White LED select “Join an existing system”
  • If Sonos components are flashing Green select “Setup New System”
  • Let us know the outcome 
Userlevel 1

Thanks will try this tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Sorry you having issues connecting your Sonos products. Please do not perform another factory reset. Data contained that may be useful if a diagnostic is needed is removed when performing a factory reset.

To you problem try this;

• Unplug all your Sonos
  • Remove the Sonos app from your device  
  • Reboot your router and let it stabilize
  • Reboot your device and check up updates
  • Plug in your Sonos 1 x 1 and let each come back hopefully with a steady White or flashing Green LED. If the latter then you’ll setup your Sonos as brand new components.
  • Download the Sonos App and sign-in
  • If Sonos components are showing a White LED select “Join an existing system”
  • If Sonos components are flashing Green select “Setup New System”
  • Let us know the outcome