Answered

Bonding disabled wireless arc with wireless surrounds when wifi enabled.

• 21 March 2023
  • 3 replies

I have an arc connected to a tv and wired to a router.  I have 2 Sonos, One’s and surrounds, and a sub, all of with are not wired.  Until four days ago, everything was fine, then the One’s and sub stopped playing and ungrouped from the arc.  I tried multiple things to get them to regroup and play, but the only thing that worked was to disable the arc’s wifi.  As I’ve read, this is not the optimal way to connect surrounds.  So why would enabling the wifi on the arc cause the surround and One’s to ungroup and stop working?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 March 2023, 01:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

That’s odd, it absolutely should not. I wonder if there was an electrical event that “broke” the connection. I’d be awfully tempted to power cycle the Arc, since that’s supposed to be the source of the 5Ghz signal that the Sub and surrounds connect to. 

If it’s still not working after you’ve turned back on the wifi, I’d then be tempted to submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it. If there was some sort of failure in the Arc, I’d hope/think it would show up there. 

Bruce,

Thanks for the quick response.  I unplugged the Arc for about 5 minutes, plugged it back in, and then, in the app, enabled the Wi-Fi.  Wow!  That did it.  Everything is working.  I had turned both One’s and the Sub off but never thought of turning the Arc off.  Thanks for your help.

Rob

Might be worth considering some sort of surge suppressor or UPS on it, if it got hit once, it might happen again.

I just played the numbers. When all three go out, it’s less likely them, much more likely the generating device (or some source of interference). If just one goes out, you have to look at both ends of the equation ;)