Answered

Beam Plays HDMI1 Even When TV on HDMI2?

• 25 January 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi

i just got a new TV and setup my Beam Bar and a new thing is happening where when I switch from HDMI1/Directv to HDMI2/Apple TV, my Beam Bar keeps playing HDMI1 audio even tho tv is on HDMI2.

anyone know how to fix this?

im running my Beam via Optical

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 January 2021, 23:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Have your tried unplugging your TV and your Beam from power?

Have you considered connecting your Beam via HDMI ARC rather than optical?

What is the optical cable on the other end from the Beam connected to?

What is the optical cable on the other end from the Beam connected to?

Its a cord that came w the Beam. Its an HDMI-into-optical. Ive always used that cos my last TV didn't have ARC(?) and it always worked fine.

if i changed from HDMI1 to HDMI2, it would just play whatever is on the TV

But now it exclusively plays whatever is on HDMI1. Im not sure if its a setting i need to change on my Sonos app or if its a setting on my TV (that seems kinda weird though).

Have your tried unplugging your TV and your Beam from power?

Have you considered connecting your Beam via HDMI ARC rather than optical?

Yep I have. I supposed to could do the HDMI ARC but I'm using those HDMI slots already and my whole Tv setup is ran clean with cord hiders and zip ties and velcro so I'm not looking to plug in and unplug things all the time. Im just kinda confused why its exclusively playing what's on HDMI1 even if the TV is playing a picture on HDMI2.

Userlevel 7

What model TV do you have?

What model TV do you have?

My new TV is the LG UHD OLED CX

Userlevel 7

Is Simplink (CEC) turned on or off?

CEC won’t make any difference, since it depends on HDMI ARC to work, and the OP has said they are using optical. Since Sonos doesn’t have any control over what comes out of an optical port (it is a one way signal, out only, and the TV has no knowledge if anything is actually connected to it), that means there’s something broken in the TV set. 

I would certainly try a reboot of the TV’s OS by unplugging it from the wall for five minutes, then plugging it back in. And actually I’d double check after that for any new software updates to the TV.

But if that doesn’t resolve the issue, you’d need to contact LG’s customer service. Sonos has zero control over anything that comes to it via optical.