Answered

Beam momentary disconnection

• 10 September 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a Beam connected to my TV through the ARC hdmi channel. It’s worked perfectly for around a year. Now suddenly the sound has started dropping and disconnecting from ARC randomly for about 1 to 4 seconds. I have done all the resets etc found in this forum and elsewhere. I have even talked direct with Sonos and gone through their recommendations like changing the Chanel number etc, but still the same. Now something new has happened. When listening to streaming music today, it cut out the same for approximately 3 seconds before reconnecting. I know this is the same problem as the TV as when I look at the display on top the white light is flashing before going solid white again. This has at least told me that the TV is NOT the problem, but the sound bar in some way is. I’ve tried different power connections but no difference. My wi if in the room is excellent and I never get any drop out or disconnect from it. Bit of a long shot but anyone else with this particular problem. I’m thinking the very expensive sound bar has failed after only about 2 years and also I’m concerned as to the overall commitment I’ve placed is Sonos with other equipment. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 September 2023, 19:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I personally cannot see that the TV audio and Music audio interruptions are going to be the same issue. The TV audio anrrives over the HDMI cable into the player, that doesn't require a network connection to the LAN, whereas the music audio does need a network connection. Unless the power is being momentarily lost to the Beam in some way, but you would likely see that happening, even if no audio was playing. Have you checked if the Beam loses its connection to the router?

One thought that also occurred to me was the issue being reported with some Samsung TV firmware updates in recent times, but you did not mention the brand/make of TV that you’re using with the Beam, but the issue you describe, does sound very similar to the problems that some Samsung models were having recently, with community users (and I think Staff too) here, advising those affected by the firmware update to contact Samsung Support.

If it’s not a Samsung TV in this case, then maybe try powering off all - TV, Sonos products and the local router for a few minutes and then bring all back online and see if that may resolve the issue.

Hi Ken, thanks for the reply. The TV is a Philips 55”. I definitely see the white light start to flash before reconnecting solid white in a few seconds. As you say it’s probably not a network thing. I’m thinking it’s a power problem of some description. 

Hi Ken, thanks for the reply. The TV is a Philips 55”. I definitely see the white light start to flash before reconnecting solid white in a few seconds. As you say it’s probably not a network thing. I’m thinking it’s a power problem of some description. 

Sonos Staff are likely able to see that type of hardware issue within a Sonos diagnostic report, I assume?

So maybe try your best to grab a diagnostic snapshot both before and after you see the see the Beam status LED flashing, note any reference numbers and maybe try to grab a video recording too - I guess that the issue will also happen, even if there is no audio playing.

Maybe first try the power-cycling of all products, as suggested earlier …and then perhaps monitor and gather the evidence and re-contact Sonos customer care and see if there is anything further that they can recommend.