Answered

beam issue with tv

• 15 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Diagnostic 520463197

Sonos beam is connected to a onn. 32" Class HD (720P) LED Roku Smart TV through HDMI cable. It intermittently disconnects from the TV. The TV remote still works and the light blinks on the sonos if I adjust the volume but then sound is not working. Sometimes it will start working again and other times it does not. 
The setting for audio is the beam, it is not set up automatically choose audio. The connection is HDMI. I was told from the prior owner this was an issue he had with the beam and his TV. 
is there something I can do to fix this issue? All products are up to date. All products were have been power cycled. There are no other products connected to the TV. 
the beam doesn’t seem to give me any issues when I use music through the sonos app. 

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 17 November 2022, 15:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Try connecting the Beam to the TV using the optical port instead of the HDMI port. You will need to use the optical adaptor that came with the Beam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @Daisy35, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thank you for sharing the diagnostic number. I had a quick look and noticed that your TV is refusing the ARC-CEC handshake with your Sonos Beam. It might mean ARC is not enabled on your TV.

I was able to find some steps from the Roku Community on how to enable ARC and CEC in here and below:

To enable ARC (or eARC):

1. Press the Home button home button on Roku remote on your Roku TV remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Control other devices (CEC).
  5. Scroll up or down and highlight ARC (or eARC).
  6. Check the box using the OK button OK button on Roku remote on your remote to enable ARC (or eARC).

To enable CEC:

1. Perform ARC steps 1 through 4 above.
  2. Scroll up or down and highlight System audio control.
  3. Check the box to enable System audio control.
  4. Highlight 1-touch play.
  5. Check the box to enable 1-touch play.

I hope this helped. If not feel free to reach out to our Sonos Support for further assistance.

Sotiris C