beam gen2 with Era 300

• 26 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi everyone ,

I do have a beam gen2 , 2 x Era 100 and sub mini and would like to change the Era100’s with 2 x Era 300

I do like to listen to music sometimes and I feel like the Era100s are little low on my expectations.

do you think that Era 300s would be a good choice considering to use them mainly as reers and in some cases to use them as stereo pair only for music and do you think I would notice the difference compared to ERA 100.

shoud I really upgrade ? 

appreciate your answers for this 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Would you unbond the Era’s to play stereo? That’s a lot of work - and will lose you your Trueplay every. I would also consider them a bit of an overkill for surround with a Beam.

Could you not use them as a stereo pair apart from your surround set?

First off, I would check the music related settings for your Era 100s.  It may be that you can get what you’re looking for with a simple change.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/change-surround-audio-settings

Second, the center woofer/speaker on the Era 300s is always turned off when used as a surround speaker.   This was tested by Sonos to preferred, but a lot of users have complained about it, wanting the center woofer to fire at least for stereo.  The 300s should be an improvement for atmos music, but perhaps not so much for stereo music playback.  And of course, the same settings apply for Era 300s as above for the Era 100s.

Badge

Would you unbond the Era’s to play stereo? That’s a lot of work - and will lose you your Trueplay every. I would also consider them a bit of an overkill for surround with a Beam.

Could you not use them as a stereo pair apart from your surround set?

actually ,have no issues with unbonding them , I am not doing it very often and if I do it takes not more than 5 minutes to set back all Trueplay.

I have only one room to play them and would like to know if it a pair of 300s would be overkill

Badge

First off, I would check the music related settings for your Era 100s.  It may be that you can get what you’re looking for with a simple change.

Second, the center woofer/speaker on the Era 300s is always turned off when used as a surround speaker.   This was tested by Sonos to preferred, but a lot of users have complained about it, wanting the center woofer to fire at least for stereo.  The 300s should be an improvement for atmos music, but perhaps not so much for stereo music playback.  And of course, the same settings apply for Era 300s as above for the Era 100s.

thanks for above , but already got the similar settings for Era 100

do you think it is not a good idea because of the center woofer ? 

thanks for above , but already got the similar settings for Era 100

do you think it is not a good idea because of the center woofer ? 

I don’t use Era 300s as surrounds so I can’t give an opinion on that.  I do think they are great as a stereo pair with a sub.  I also have a room with Beam Gen 2 + sub min + era 100s, and am pleased with the audio for music...which doesn’t work for you, so...