Answered

Beam (Gen 2) suddenly no sound

• 2 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

ok, I had a stroke 3 years ago so I hope i can put the info together! And the actual work required. Installed the Beam G2 in April 2020 and it has been perfect. Then yesterday, sound just stopped when playing from platforms such as Amazon Prime, Disney+ and local TV. The speaker does work though. I can play music from Spotify which I use via my phone.

Gone into app. Unplugged Sonos, re-started, held down infinity button, re set up app. It made that humming noise to confirm it was good to go. It says the system is set up correctly, big tick on the Sonos logo when looking at all available apps on the TV. What am I missing? Besides a chunk of brain. Ha

Thanks

Anthony

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 September 2023, 13:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Doing a factory reset such as you did is almost never a good idea. It wipes away any lingering data which Sonos might have used to help recover things as they were.

Based on your description of the issue, it sounds more like the Tv’s ARC isn’t sending appropriate information to the Beam to be played.

I would do several things to help Suz’s out this issue. First, I’d unplug the Beam from power. While the Beam was unplugged from power, I’d reboot your router, and give it a couple of minutes to come back up before plugging the Beam back in to power. Finally, I’d reboot the TV completely, by also unplugging it from the wall for at least two or tHree minutes. Just putting it on standby with the remote isn’t enough, you need to unplug it from the wall.

I’d give one of this three solutions about a 99% chance of ‘fixing’ the issue, but if none of them do, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Fixed it.

Thanks!