Answered

Beam Gen 2 - No Sound from TV

• 17 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a Samsung Frame TV 2022, AppleTV 4k and a Sonos Beam Gen 2 connected via the supplied cable in the eARC port on the tv.  Things have generally been working well for the last 5-6 months, but today, I get no sound from it when watching TV--instead I get a machine gun-like ticking noise. (It doesn't go full volume like other posters have said).

It should be noted that the Beam plays audio perfectly fine from the app. I’ve unplugged everything and reconnected it (i get the Sonos Chime on setup), to no avail.

Support was not helpful.  The system diagnosis did not reveal anything. Any one have this experience? Possible Fixes?

icon

Best answer by BradF_1 18 April 2023, 00:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Set the TV settings to this:

HDMI-eARC Mode: Auto

Digital Output Audio Format: Pass-Through

And then do this in this specific order:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Beam and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Anynet+ is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Beam has been successfully connected, connect the Apple TV to the TV.

I figured it out. The OneConnect box was the issue. When i unplugged the Beam and set the TV to use it’s built in speaker, no sound came out.

Turned it off and turned it back on again and all was good. The TV used it’s own speaker and when I reconnected the Beam, it used the Beam as designed. 

Set the TV settings to this:

HDMI-eARC Mode: Auto

Digital Output Audio Format: Pass-Through

And then do this in this specific order:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Beam and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Anynet+ is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Beam has been successfully connected, connect the Apple TV to the TV.

Thanks for this.  The settings did help too. I think the sound is better with the pass-through on.