Answered

Beam for TV + My Existing Play:1s and Sub (Connect:Amp)

• 23 November 2020
  • 3 replies

I’m looking to have sound from my Samsung Frame TV play through my existing Sonos network of speakers (a paired set of Play 1’s and a subwoofer that I’ve got connected through a Connect:Amp). If I get a Beam and have it connected to my TV - can I have it also ‘grouped’ with my existing ‘Family Room’ group (Play 1s + Sub)?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 November 2020, 05:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Yes, it can be grouped. However, when playing the input from the TV, the ‘other’ room will have a slight delay of around 75ms. Not an issue if you can’t hear both rooms at the same time, but makes it challenging if you can.

Is this delay specific to the Beam or does the Arc have the same issue?

It’s the way that the Sonos software works. In order to play in sync in all grouped rooms, Sonos has a slight delay to any input. The exception is a Home Theater room, as it needs a certain amount of ‘lip sync’, and since that is normally not grouped with other rooms.

But yes, any Sonos home theater system will have that delay between it and any grouped rooms, but only when playing the input from the TV. When streaming music, they’d play completely in sync.