Answered

Audio on Beam Gen 2 stops working when streaming Netflix or Amazon

• 23 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Sometimes the audio stops working on Beam Gen 2 when streaming Netflix or Amazon Prime. The audio will still work on Direct TV when this occurs. The Beam is connected to a Samsung TV with Dolby Atmos capability via HDMI eARC. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 23 December 2023, 18:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I understand that there are some ongoing issues with some models of Samsung TV’s and soundbars from various manufacturers.

It’s been mentioned here in the community that a temporary workaround in some cases, is to switch off eARC on the Samsung TV and just use HDMI-ARC with AnyNet+ enabled and use DD+ (Atmos) audio, rather than LPCM multi-channel audio, and see if that works, until such time as either Samsung (or maybe Sonos) fix the issue. If that doesn’t fix it, then try disabling the CEC protocol on ‘other’ devices connected to the TV’s HDMI ports, but then powercycle those devices and the TV (and the Beam too).

Hope that assists.

Thank You Ken! I will check it out.

Badge

I am unable to change the pass thru setting to pass thru on my Samsung qn85a after cycling everything with the arc disconnected. I tried booking g up a Sonos beam instead of the arc but still get the greyed out pass thru option. Any suggestions. I don’t know whose fault this is but I am upset at Sonos for selling me a product that they knew had issues with Samsung. Really frustrated.

Badge

Update, looks like if there is no signal I can switch to pass thru, but if there is streaming signal I cannot. Regardless, still getting audio dropouts.