Answered

Atmos sound through TV

• 16 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi all…

I’m having a problem with the sound output on my Arc and 2 x Sonos 1 rears. I’ve done the basics right - e arc connection on TV and ‘Auto’ on the sound settings on the TV, but sometimes, say, through the native Netflix app for instance, a film that states Atmos will state “Dolby Multichannel 2.0 PCM on the Sonos app. It doesn’t always happen, so I know my set-up is ok. Is this Netflix not showing the correct sound output?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 16 May 2023, 17:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Set your TV to these settings:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream
Digital Sound Output: Pass Through
eARC Support: On

Log in to your Netflix account on a web browser. Under your account info, select your profile under Profile & Parental Controls. Under Playback Settings, select HIGH under “Data usage per screen”.

Badge

Hi, and thanks for the help.

Firstly, I was under the impression that pass through and auto gave the same result in regard to Atmos input? Also, I have it set to Bitstream and E arc support: On. I’ll most certainly try the Netflix account part though to see if that changes anything. As I said, it mostly shows as Atmos correctly on the Sonos app, it only happens sometimes.

Userlevel 7

Auto and Pass Through will not give you the same results. Stick with the Pass Through setting.

Badge

Ok, I wasn’t aware of that. I based my answer on previous threads on here where people asked similar questions for Atmos set-up, and people usually respond with “make sure it’s set to auto or pass through”. Thanks.