Question

Arc Wall mount and "Magnets"

• 24 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi All

After shelling out good money for the Arc, I thought I would attempt to save some money on the wall mount (Yes I realise that is ridiculous tight after spending 800 quid on a soundbar) I therefore purchased a third party wall mount for less than half the price of the official mount.

I wasn't actually aware that the “Official” mount uses magnets to “sense” when it is wall mounted. So now I have my sonos looking beautiful and sounding great, but I have a niggling feeling that there is some additional EQ adjustment that ideally needs to be done to lower the bass resonance.

Sonos support has confirmed that the official wall mount will adjust the EQ once it “Senses” the magnets in the mount, but I cant get any more information than that.

No one at sonos appears to be willing to give me more info, I appreciate that they want people to buy the “Official” mount, but forcing people to buy proprietary mounting kits is a bit of a pain. 

Can I add a magnet strip (similar to those that go on the back of mobile phones for car mounts) Or can I EQ the soundbar myself with the correct information?

Any help is apreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @LjStronge, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your inquiry about a third-party wall mount for the Sonos Arc and about the magnets that would sense with the Sonos Arc. I can’t verify this at the moment since it is a third-party wall mount. But we can wait for feedback and suggestions from our Sonos community users who may have the same setup for this wall mount. It would be helpful if you can also give like the model number or any reference about the said wall mount so our Sonos community users can also provide their feedback and suggestions about it.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Thanks for the reply.

This is the wall mount I purchased. Its solid plexiglass so definitely doesn't have any magnets in it. It would be good to know if I can tell the Arc its wall mounted without this. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @LjStronge, thanks for the update. Let’s wait for some feedback and suggestions from our Sonos community users about this wall mount. Also, the wall mount from Sonos is designed to land and touch the Sonos Arc wall mount. if you purchased a different one, We can't guarantee if it will land or touch properly with the wall mount that you bought. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 1

Hey What’s up man! I’m not sure if this answers your question BUT I have found this guys channel on YT and he has a lot of great videos on Sonos products. 

I have the arc setup and the arc wall-mount and I”m thinking about removing the magnet that’s on the wall mount. A large portion of my questions about Sonos were found on his videos. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @JNew402, thanks for reaching out and for sharing this information. Hope this helps @LjStronge  on his question about the wall mount magnets. Let’s wait for feedback and recommendation from our other Sonos community users about this concern.

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos community is always here to help.