Answered

Arc + Sub Not Waking

• 17 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi All,

I recently purchased my Arc + Sub.  It sounds great, but at random times, both Arc and Sub will not give me any sound until I physically unplug and then plug it back in.    At first, I thought it was an eArc issue, but it doesn’t even show up in the Sonos app for me to play music either.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 17 January 2021, 17:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sounds (no pun intended) like you may have either some wifi interference , or a potential duplicate IP address issue. Beyond the data in the FAQ link provided, I’d recommend a refresh of your network. Unplug all Sonos devices from power. While they are unplugged, reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, you can then plug back in your Sonos devices.

I’d give those two options a 99% chance of fixing the issue, but if they don’t, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis. 

Sounds (no pun intended) like you may have either some wifi interference , or a potential duplicate IP address issue. Beyond the data in the FAQ link provided, I’d recommend a refresh of your network. Unplug all Sonos devices from power. While they are unplugged, reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, you can then plug back in your Sonos devices.

I’d give those two options a 99% chance of fixing the issue, but if they don’t, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis. 

I will try your suggestions. Thank you.