Arc keeps cutting out my Headphones

• 11 December 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 15 replies

Hi , I recently got a set of Mark Levinson headphones but when I try to enable Bluetooth on my LG E9 it connects for a few seconds and then cuts out , I tried unplugging my arc and then it works but stops again as soon as I plug it back in , even if I change the settings and turn earc off and pick tv speaker it just reverts back to earc and my sonos set up after a few seconds ........any ideas of anything else to try ? Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

That’s unfortunately what the CEC ARC specifications require: a single ‘sink’ for audio. 

What isn’t part of that spec, to my knowledge, is the whole optical digital path. Can you use the optical port on your TV to connect the headphones to?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I probably could but I really bought them to be wireless but it looks like I have no choose by the sound of it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You could temporarily disable CEC while using the headphone.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

CEC.......?

CEC.......?

Consumer Electronics Control, the standard for communications between consumer electronic devices.  Unfortunately, each manufacturer calls it something different.  LG labels theirs "SimpleLink"

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I know and thanks , my LG E9 doesn't have this option.

I know and thanks , my LG E9 doesn't have this option.

Settings > Connection > HDMI Device Settings > Simplink (HDMI-CEC) to Off.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks.

Sometimes turning CEC OFF will prevent the use of advanced audio formats.

Another approach is to use a CEC blocker. I saw a situation where a SAMSUNG TV’s IR remote ‘power’ command caused a SONY TV in another room to power ON. This required two dongles to keep CEC commands from reaching a shared DVD player that, in turn, would turn ON the SONNY.

If you are a DIY: disable pin 13 in the HDMI cable. This is not as easy as it seems. I don’t recommend attempting this with a cable that you like.