Answered

Any Dolby Atmos audio drops after about 20 minutes

• 18 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I have a Sonos Arc connected to my 2021 LG G1 television via the eARC HDMI cable that was provided with the soundbar. My system includes two Sonos Ones for surround and the Sonos sub.

Over the last couple weeks, any Dolby Atmos content drops out after about 20 minutes. In order to get the sound back, I need to either unplug the HDMI cable and reconnect it, or switch to a different HDMI input and back to the original input via the TV remote. This happens when using the Xbox Series X via HDMI, or when using the Apple TV with any streaming services broadcasting in Atmos.

I have tried several online troubleshooting steps such as: a different HDMI cable, unplugging the system and disconnecting the HDMI for several minutes and rebooting, turning off TV autoplay, disabling HDMI-CEC, disabling the TV’s wireless adapter and probably other things I am forgetting. It still seems to be happening without fail about every 20 minutes or so.

in the TV settings I have it set to eARC on and I’ve tried various settings such as passthrough, auto detect, etc. and nothing resolves the issue.

I am at my wit’s end here. I ran a diagnostic today and the code is 38651051.

Can anyone give me some guidance or other suggestions? I purchased this system months ago and played plenty of Dolby Atmos content without any issue. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 18 November 2021, 04:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried to redo the TV Setup process in the Sonos app?

Disconnect everything from your TV and unplug the TV and Arc from power for a couple of minutes. Go ahead and reboot your router too. Plug the TV and Arc back into power but keep everything disconnected. Be sure Simplink is enabled on the TV. Run the TV Setup process in the Sonos app and connect the Arc to the TV when the app instructs you to. When the Arc has been successfully connected, connect your other devices to your TV.

Thank you. I did that this evening and I will see how it goes. Sonos also told me that the diagnostic showed no issues with the Arc, so I’ll see what happens.