Skip to main content
Answered

Additional Surrounding

• 18 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

I would like to know the impact of having 2 pairs of surrounding in front of my arc, see image below:

The circles are the in-celling surrounding, the house was pre-wired for a 5.1 sound and since I got 2 sets of speakers,  I decided to connected all 4 speakers to the amp , but I'm curious if the 2 sets in front of the ARC could cause any degradation to sound 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

With this setup, the left and right surround audio will be duplicated and play out of both sets of in-ceiling speakers. If I were you I would just use the pair of in-ceiling speakers behind the sofa. But try it both ways and see what sounds the best to you.

Hey GuitarSupestar 

Thanks for your reply,  then the sound shouldnt be degraded just duplicate it.?  since day one I have been using all 4. I can give it a shot disconnecting the duplicate one 

Thanks again, 

Hey GuitarSupestar 

Thanks for your reply,  then the sound shouldnt be degraded just duplicate it.?  since day one I have been using all 4. I can give it a shot disconnecting the duplicate one 

Thanks again, 

It will be degraded.  Surrounds have two functions, ambient sounds like rain or traffic, and directional cues, like bullets whizzing by or off screen voices.  If those directional cues are coming from both in front and behind, the directionality is lost.  More speakers does not mean better sound, and often means worse sound.

Hey Jgatie, 

Thanks for you reply, I would remove the 2 in front. 

Hi Jgatie and Guitar,

I removed the 2 speaker infront and improve a lot the sound. Thanks for the feedback