2 TVs, 1 Sonos Arc, 2 in-ceiling, 1 sonos Amp

• 15 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, I am looking to setup a new game room that will have 2 TVs and a single audio system.  I will primarily be using YouTube TV on the TVs but will also have gaming consoles.

I would like to switch either gaming console to either TV.  I would like to switch the audio from either TV.

My thinking is to use the eARC outputs from each TV and use them to control which source is active to that Sonos Arc. Then use a matrix (I think...) to drive which console targets which TV.

Ideally everything allows for Atmos.

I am still designing and would love any help validating the idea and recommandations.

I think if I gave up having the gaming consoles able to display on either TV and just hook the XBOX up to TV1, etc, I could simplify and just do an HDMI switch between the to TV eARCs.  Any recommendations on compatible switches?

Thank you!!  

Moderator edit: combined posts

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@UpTheCreek

To be honest this is a very special kind of setup. 😉

In the end as far ad I know there‘s no matrix available at the moment that can do this. 
I just know about one FeinTech product that could nearly handle this, but for technical reasons only one of the two HDMI outputs supports (e)ARC. 
https://feintech.eu/en/collections/alle-produkte/products/vax04201-hdmi-earc-pass-matrix-switch-4x2-fur-soundbar

It‘s difficult to handle CEC if there’s more than one HDMI out and you would get in trouble with functionality. This also applies to multiple (e)ARC connections. 
So the linked FeinTech wouldn’t be able to get audio from the second TV via (e)ARC. 
Because of this I also would recommend to connect the gaming consoles directly to the matrix.

But sadly in this scenario I see no way to get audio from the second tv to the soundbar. 
And as another limitation this matrix doesn’t support HDMI 2.1 which is needed for gaming features like variable framerate. So you would have to set the framerate fixed to max. 60Hz at 4k.