• 24 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi,

My setup is as follows:
soundbar in front

i will upgrade it with:
2 sonance in ceiling speakers in the back, connected to the Sonos Amp
Which will make it 3.0 surround I guess

I would like to upgrade to 3.1 with an in wall subwoofer, which connects to the (passive) sub port on the Amp.
but don’t know which models I can use. I want to avoid a model standing on the floor like the Sonos Sub. It doesn’t have to be too large, just add some extra umph.

sonance and OSB has some models, but there are passive. Does this mean they are fully compatible if I connect an amplifier between the subwoofer and the Sonos Amp?
I was looking for active in wall woofers, but could find those. All advice is welcome

thanks in advance
lwaar

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The sub output on the Amp is not active when the Amp is powering surrounds. Not what you want to hear, but that is the case.
Hi jgatie, Thanks.

I’m not so technical so not sur I understand it correctly. What does this mean in terms of: which type of in wall subwoofer can I connect for surround?

and can I use the sub for music too while the 2 Sonance speakers connected to the Amp are playing?
The Sonos Amp, when powering surround speakers, does not send a signal out through the Sub port. Therefore, there is no in wall sub that would work with the Sonos Amp when it is powering surround speakers. You would have to feed the sub from another device in your system.

What kind of soundbar are you using in the front of your system?
Oh that is good to know!

I have a Sonos playbar first generation. Any way to feed that sub or is the Sonos Sub my best option?
The PLAYBAR will bond with the Sonos SUB (I have 2 of them set up in that fashion), but there's no output from the PLAYBAR that would feed a third party subwoofer. The only Sonos device that can feed a subwoofer is a Sonos Amp, being used to power front speakers.