Answered

When playing Atmos Arc the volume on S One SL surrounds will sometimes be very loud

• 11 December 2020
  • 6 replies

When playing Atmos through Arc volume on S One SL surrounds will sometimes be very loud.  It will almost sound like it is as loud and same sound that is coming out of Arc itself, then sharply cut back to a lower level surround only type sound. 

Any thoughts to start troubleshooting?

The source is Netflix Away. Arc, Gen 3 Sub, 2 S One SL.

Thank you,
Scott

icon

Best answer by ekwok 13 December 2020, 14:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @DownTownBufTech.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

I’d probably start with Trueplay since it will calibrate the room where your speakers are setup.

Next, try changing your EQ settings.

Click here to know more about Trueplay and EQ settings in Sonos.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks Mark for reaching out and the welcome:) I have validated that it appears to be just the source AWAY as other Atmos sources to don’t exhibit the same symptoms. This is after sever TruePlay tuning efforts.  I’ll do some more testing and see if it is a maybe even just an episode or 2.

thanks again,

scott

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@DownTownBufTech Are you playing that from ATV4K Netflix app?

@ekwok yup I am. I’ll test right from the CX:)

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@DownTownBufTech It is this issue then. No solution yet: 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/appletv/comments/dh82z9/atmos_wrong_speaker_issue_with_netflix_atv_app/

Thanks for the link.  I must work on my searching skills:)