Answered

What tvs are compatible with Sonos?

• 13 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello! I have a Hisense Roku tv and the picture has gone out. I couldn’t connect my Sonos system to it anyway, after numerous calls to Sonos for help, so maybe it’s a blessing in disguise. When I can afford to buy a new one, how will I know if it will be compatible with Sonos? I have the Playbar, Sub, and two satellite speakers, which I believe are called Sonos One SL.
Would Sony tvs work with my system? What other brands?
Thank you in advance for any help!

icon

Best answer by jgatie 13 January 2024, 21:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Anything with an optical audio output.

Hi, thanks for your response. I’m not very tech savvy, it that the little cable that lights up red on both ends? If so, the the ROKU tv had one of those and it still didn’t work with my speakers. I contacted Sony, because I saw one of their tvs on sale, and she asked if the Sonos speakers had HDMI3. I do not know the answer to that, but assume not, since they don’t have an HDMI port. All they have are LAN ports.

Hi, thanks for your response. I’m not very tech savvy, it that the little cable that lights up red on both ends? If so, the the ROKU tv had one of those and it still didn’t work with my speakers. I contacted Sony, because I saw one of their tvs on sale, and she asked if the Sonos speakers had HDMI3. I do not know the answer to that, but assume not, since they don’t have an HDMI port. All they have are LAN ports.

Yes, that is optical.  You would need to switch the TV from the internal speakers to optical output.