Answered

What audio can I expect on 2013 Panasonic 60PST Plasma with Arc

• 8 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Just purchased an Arc to go on my 2013 Panasonic Plasma,  The TV has ARC HDMI but obviously no eARC.  I see that I could buy the Fury splitter, but at that price I’d rather wait and get a 65”C1 at some point.  Just not ready to depart with my Plasma yet.   

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 8 February 2022, 21:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You almost certainly won’t get Atmos, and you may not even get DD+.  

You.won't even get surround sound from most sources. Even quite recent Panasonic TVs are useless at passing through 5.1 sound from HDMI sources.  You might be OK with internal apps but I wouldn't guarantee it.

If you do succeed then you might have lip sync issues.

I believe Feintech make a suitable splitter that is cheaper than the Arcana.

Userlevel 7

Just purchased an Arc to go on my 2013 Panasonic Plasma,  The TV has ARC HDMI but obviously no eARC.  I see that I could buy the Fury splitter, but at that price I’d rather wait and get a 65”C1 at some point.  Just not ready to depart with my Plasma yet.   

I own the 2013 Panasonic ST60 plasma and the Sonos Arc. This TV cannot pass through 5.1 from any external media device. So you will get Stereo PCM audio from any device connected to the TV’s HDMI ports. Dolby Atmos audio is definitely not supported.

The only way I could get 5.1 audio to play out of the Arc is from the TV’s native VUDU app and from 5.1 video files played from a flash drive plugged into the TV’s USB port. Both of these sources resulted in Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.

Since the ST60 is such a great TV, I decided to get the HDFury Arcana and it works great. I use it with an Apple TV 4K, Roku Ultra, and Panasonic UHD player that is connected to a ROOFULL HDMI switch. Because of the Arcana, I can get Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Atmos audio from streaming apps and lossless Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos and multichannel PCM audio from Blu-ray discs. It will probably be many years before I need to upgrade to a new TV because of the Arcana, so it is highly recommended.