Volume level not matching?

• 28 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have a playbase connected to my Sony 49XF8577 by optical cable. I have disabled the TV speakers and have paired the TV remote to the Sonos. When I click the volume button I see the LED on the playbase that blinks. I have also a second remote of my cable TV that can control the TV sound level.

I have two problems:
- the first is that when I use BOTH remotes to change the volume they seems to produce different effects (at the same volume level indicated on the TV I can hear different actual volume). Sometimes to stop hearing I need to push the volume down button even beyond the 0 sound level shown on the TV. Sometimes the max volume with one remote seems to be capped by the other;
- the second is that even when I restrict myself to use ONLY the remote coupled to the Sonos it happens that, when I play with the audio level, I end up hearing different volumes although I set the volume level to the same value (as read on the TV). E.g. I start from 0 and hear nothing. Increase the audio to level X. In some scenes of a movie this volume X might be too high and I want to go back to 0. At this point, although at 0 on the screen, I still hear something. I have tested it several times. Is there something that automatically adapt the level in case the sound is too high, changing the scale?

Can someone help

Luca

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
With the speakers on the TV disabled the TV volume bar is unrelated to the Sonos Volume level, but it tracks the level still when using the TV remote. It quickly gets out of step though, and like you I sometimes use my remote to zero everything. It is just an indicator that the volume is changing rather then the accurate volume level.