Answered

Trueplay in "Open Concept "living room""?

• 1 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, I just bought an Arc and Sub to install in my living room. Question with Trueplay in a massive room; do I just walk around the couch and “living room”, or should I walk around the entire open space that includes the kitchen, eating area, hallway, and playroom?

The couch is about 9 feet from the tv, but the back wall is 15 feet further back (kitchen).

see attachment for floor plan.

I am impressed with this setup, I was initially concerned that I would need 2x subs with this massive amount of airspace, but 1x is fantastic, might get a 2nd one (used of course) just to have “better” coverage, whatever that means… HA!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 June 2022, 02:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I would personally try to cover the whole area available, but then also concentrate things a little more in/around the main listening area. See also this link:

https://tech-blog.sonos.com/posts/trueplay-spectral-correction/

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I have a large L shaped room where I listen to my 5.1 Sonos mostly from seating in the outside center corner. I fooled with TruePlay in several different ways but found I got the best sound in my primary listening space by just doing the walk around in that area.

I have since added more Sonos speakers in both legs of the L and run TruePlay in each leg for the speaker there. I believe that gives me the best sound from each speaker when listening in the area it is in and the best combined sound when two or all three are grouped.

I’d do the same thing if I was in your space, try several walking patterns and see what sounds best. I’d prioritize the TV audio quality over music.

With that big space I’d sure get a set of One SLs for rear surrounds, set Surround Audio to Full and you’d fill the main space nicely.

Possibly add a One for the little space off to the left, sitting on the half-wall facing it?

I would personally try to cover the whole area available, but then also concentrate things a little more in/around the main listening area. See also this link:

https://tech-blog.sonos.com/posts/trueplay-spectral-correction/

Fantastic read, thank you.