Television Audio on new Sonos Beam Cuts Out Periodically

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

100 replies

Hey Caesaroni! Hopefully this helps you because I know how frustrated I was. I managed to fix it by changing the TV audio output settings. It was set to automatic on my LG TV and I swapped it from auto to PCM and it has fixed the problem instantly. Hope this helps!
I don’t have those as output settings. My audio out has Variable (TV speakers as well as audio system are controlled by volume on remote at the same time), or Fixed (which only controls the volume for what the Speaker setting set to. Mine is set to Audio System). I have a Sony Bravia TV. Thanks for trying to help though.
Samsung TV streaming Plex, output over HDMI ARC to beam. Getting short audio dropouts. Diagnostics #: 738084378
Same problem, started within the last couple weeks. Worked fine for the first month. Vizio TV. HDMI to TV ARC, from TV to HDMI to Apple TV. 1067378591
Exact same problem here. Worked great for over a month, now it is stuttering all the time. I've been told that it is audio corruption from the output but I have a hard time believing that all of a sudden this is happening, and especially to all of us on this thread.
Same thing happening with my beam. It also now decides to reboot itself every now and then
Next time this occurs, please submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes , and either post the number of the diagnostic here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
I have already done that. I’m told that all of a sudden my TVs optical output is passing corrupt data. Not buying it.
OK, then I'm curious as to what help you're expecting to get? The people who have access to the data that is being passed to their software has said one thing, you're saying you don't buy it. What's the next step? How can we help you further than what you've already been told?
Let’s look at simple logic here. There are numerous people on this thread alone who have had a fully functional system they were happy with. No changes and then all of us have had our TVs suddenly put out distorted audio via different outputs to the beam. Now would it make more sense that multiple users with multiple TVs all have the same problem. Or would it make more sense that the only common piece of equipment amongst us all is having an issue is which is the beam.
Same problem. Diagnostic 640650872

Does it on ARC and optical. Sounds does not cut out when using tv speakers.
Lots of people having the same problem including myself. My beam has also started randomly rebooting itself.
Could this be firmware related?
Is there a way to revert back to the previous firmware?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Lots of people having the same problem including myself. My beam has also started randomly rebooting itself.
Could this be firmware related?
Is there a way to revert back to the previous firmware?

There is no way to roll back the software/firmware. Next time this happens submit a diagnostic and post the number heere or contact Sonos dorectly with it
Hi, had my beam for 4 weeks and for the last week I'm having sound dropouts for split second all through the time the beam is on TV is Samsung. Have tried every sound setting on TV but no difference. Tried several HDMI cables through ARC. Help!!
1942696379 Diagnostic number
Help Help Help .
My Beam has just started with the Audio cutting out today, It is set up with hdmi-ARC on my Samsung TV . Audio output from the SKY Q box is set at Dolby Digital and I get audio cutting out. When I set the SKY Q box to NORMAL (audio) then the sound does NOT cut out but this just plays as STEREO.
Sonos please come up with an answer that a lot of people seem to be having.

Diagnostic report has been sent.: 132007896
You should get in contact with sonos support.
I contacted them through Facebook messenger (they were very helpful) and ended up getting my beam replaced as the diagnostics showed a lot of strange errors. Touch wood, the new one is working great.
You should get in contact with sonos support.
I contacted them through Facebook messenger (they were very helpful) and ended up getting my beam replaced as the diagnostics showed a lot of strange errors. Touch wood, the new one is working great.

Thanks, good idea, Phoned support and after checking they got me to do a reset of wireless network, unplug Beam and then Tv and all now appears to be okay
Just started having the same issue with my Samsung Series 8 TV. Been fine for several weeks, no changes and now sound keeps cutting out. How do you get s diagnostic number?
Found it now; 796696374 HELP!!
Followed advice from above that toekneem got. Should of known the way to fix any IT issues, ‘turn off, unplug, plugin, turn on’. Seems to have worked!
Laugh. Control-Alt-Delete works in any number of situations :)

Glad you got it resolved.
Tried the “unplug everything” solution mentioned above and it did not work for me. We have the entire family coming into town this week for Thanksgiving. It’s going to be embarrassing watching football with the sound on my very expensive Sonos system constantly cutting in and out. Any help would be much appreciated.
Diagnostic # 978590667
Since it's the weekend, support won't be in the forums to look at your diagnostic. I'd recommend touching base with the 24/7 support of Twitter. contact Sonos
Update: Tried a ‘hard reset’ by holding the power button on the back of the Beam for like 30 seconds and it seems to be working again. So far no audio has cut out. The LED light on top of the Beam is now blinking red, white and green, but I could care less since the unit seems to be working properly. Keeping my fingers crossed!