Answered

TCL 65C815K TV not passing thru Dolby Atmos.

• 21 December 2020
  • 6 replies

I have successfully setup my Sonos Arc to my TV 65c815k Tv to Hdmi Arc port.

Enabled CEC CONTROL and TOS link as prerequisites for connecting the sound bar. The in Apps on TV are Disney plus , Prime Tv, and Netflix 

tested sound and I only get detection for DD PLUS 5.1 for Dolby atmos movies. 
I have upgraded TV software and I have tested Sony UBP X 700 with two dvds to tv only and I do get Dolby atmos signal icon on screen. I connected Sonos and cannot get Audio detection to test via sound bar. Will revisit the DVD player settings. The ps4 works but still no Dolby Atmos. TCL have not responded to be frank their support is not very good. 

I assume either I need to do something else or the HDMI ARC port cannot route uncompressed audio 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 21 December 2020, 18:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Spirit geometry.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted to experience Dolby Atmos with your Sonos Arc being connected to your TCL 65C815K TV. Allow me to share some information to help out.

I would like to share with you the guide about Supported home theater audio formats to better understand how to get Dolby Atmos through your Sonos Arc. Based on your TV’s specifications, your TV does not have an HDMI eARC port which is the required connection for Dolby Atmos as also stated in the guide provided. I would like to recommend contacting the manufacturer’s customer service to verify and validate the information and to check if their TV has an HDMI eARC port.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help out.

Thanks,

Thank you for your fast and kind response! 

The TV does not have an ‘e-ARC’ port. Only an ‘ARC’ port but I thought passthru of compressed Dolby Atmos wouid be achieved. However that is not the case and it is not reading metadata of the signal for lossless Audio to compress it. Thus I guess TV will not support full Dolby Atmos. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

H @Spirit geometry.

Thanks for your update and immediate response.

I also think that is the case. I would like to strongly recommend getting in touch with the manufacturer to verify this information. Based on the provided guide, the Sonos Arc would only get Dolby Atmos codec if connected to HDMI eARC port as the regular HDMI ARC port only provides Dolby Digital, PCM, and Dolby Digital 5.1 through Sonos. Based on your provided information and description, the TV can only passthrough Dolby Digital 5.1 even if the video being watched is Dolby Atmos which means that the ARC is not reading any Dolby Atmos signal coming from the TV.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help out.

Thanks,

Thanks for the response. I am waiting for the response from manufacturer, and I guess only alternative is to use a 2.1 Supported pass Thru device such as HD Fury Arcana etc to get the lossless Audio 

signal. Not a bad compromise and avoids me having to return my TV for a refund which has been agreed by Manufacturer.

Userlevel 7

Thanks for the response. I am waiting for the response from manufacturer, and I guess only alternative is to use a 2.1 Supported pass Thru device such as HD Fury Arcana etc to get the lossless Audio 

signal. Not a bad compromise and avoids me having to return my TV for a refund which has been agreed by Manufacturer.

Yes, if you want any lossless audio, whether it’s Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos or multichannel PCM from your Blu-ray/UHD discs, you either have to get a new TV with HDMI eARC or get the Arcana. My TV is seven years old, and I have the Arcana and it works great.

Yes, if you want any lossless audio, whether it’s Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos or multichannel PCM from your Blu-ray/UHD discs, you either have to get a new TV with HDMI eARC or get the Arcana. My TV is seven years old, and I have the Arcana and it works great.

Great Customer service and response time from SONOS. You are the best.