This is driving me mad. I have a background in IT and my undergraduate studies was in computer networks. I would think I'd be able to resolve this issue but absolutely nothing has worked and I'm officially stumped. If Sonos see's this, my diagnostic is 8235258. Anyhow, regardless of what I do, my surrounds or sub will randomly drop out and then kick back in. This seems to occur only in TV mode. When I stream music everything seems to work fine. As such, if I'm understanding the Playbar/Sonos infrastructure correctly, it seems this may be a 5Ghz interference issue since the Playbar communicates with the other speakers via a dynamic 5Ghz channel. Here's what I've tried without any success:
1. I've tried changing channels with no luck. The 2.4Ghz band on my router is 11 while SonosNet is 1. I also have a Philips Hue and Samsung SmartThings hub which use Zigbee and I've ensured their channels are outside the SonosNet/WiFi spectrum (I realize this is all 2.4Ghz here but I felt I should mention this).
2. I've tried changing 5Ghz channels on my router. When I do, the Playbar seems to chase my router and, after a little while, it usually ends up picking a 5Ghz channel that overlaps my routers 5Ghz channel. (e.g. I'll pick 161 on the router and then thirty minutes later the Playbar will suddenly choose 159... why when there are far better channels available?!)
3. I tried wiring a speaker but that didn't help.
4. I tried wiring ALL speakers but that didn't help (I suspect 5.1 mode requires the use of the 5Ghz spectrum to sync each speaker channels audio... is this correct?)
5. I bought a Sonos Boost as a last ditch effort and, not surprisingly, it didn't help. I even tried forcing it to become the root bridge but no luck.
6. Due to my line of work, I have access to a TON of routers. I thought maybe my Netgear Orbi might be the culprit since it generates a TON of 5Ghz traffic. However, I switched it out for several other routers and the issue is still present (e.g. Netgear R7800, 7500v2, R7000, etc.).
Anyone have any suggestions? This is driving me mad and if it continues I'm going to have to get rid of my Sonos setup which I really don't want to do. The sound is amazing when it actually works.