Answered

Surround Sound Help!

• 29 January 2018
  • 5 replies

I have a playbase wired to my router with two Play Ones. They were working perfectly a few days ago. Today I noticed that the play ones were no longer connected. I managed to add them again to the surround system, but no sound comes out of the rest speakers.

I noticed that the playbase is WM0, meaning boost mode, but the Play Ones are WM1, meaning standard. Is this causing the problem? Any suggestions on how to fix this? I really want to get my beloved Surround Sound working again! Thanks!
icon

Best answer by drubenstein3 29 January 2018, 19:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I suspect that you have left your Wi-Fi credentials in the Sonos App. Can you open the Sonos App and select Settings>Advanced>Wifi Setup and remove your Wi-Fi password. This should force your two Play 1's to connect via SonosNet.
Thanks for the suggestion! I changed my WiFi password to force sonos to go through boost mode or “sonos net” and now no device other than the Playbase that is wired to the router is detected. So it seems that I have an issue all of a sudden with my pkaybase being able to pass along that network to my other devices.

I tried changing the channels in case of interference to no avail.

Interestingly, I also plugged one of my Sonos One surround speakers into the router via Ethernet, and suddenly my Play 3 in the upstarts living room appeared as WM0, so somehow the play one wa able to pass along the signal but the pmaybase wasn’t?

Very strange. I’m wondering whether I should just ditch sonos net/boost mode and just have everything work off my WiFi. My concern is that I want the surround sound not to have any latency.

Thanks again for the advice.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you post an image of the Network Matrix on this link: http://{Your Playbase IP Address}:1400/support/review

Edit:

Also, have you tried powering down the Playbase for 10 secs and then switching back on, then do the same for the two Play 1's.
Update: I just spoke with Sonos support and based on the diagnostics test, they determined that my ~6 mo. old playbase has a failing wifi chip. They are shipping me a replacement playbase. The 5-7 days cant come soon enough! Thanks so much for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Great news 🙂