Answered

Subs in separate rooms?

• 14 November 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge
I have the 5.1 Playbar, sub, 2 play ones in my living room/theater. I want a sub and a play 5 in another area to stand alone or play simultaneously for music, is that possible?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 November 2018, 22:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Yes, it sure is. Exactly what the system is designed for.
One caveat, I guess I should throw in....if you're grouping the two rooms together (the 5.1 system, and the PLAY:5 and SUB), you may have a slight delay between the two, since the signal will be transferred to the higher latency frequency of 2.4Ghz.
Badge
Thank you very much sir!
My pleasure. I have pretty much that setup at home, except that I rarely push TV sound to the extra room anymore. I used to do it in my last house, having the TV sound on in the kitchen (for football), but as the two rooms were far enough away, the slight delay didn't bother me a bit. Now that I have an open kitchen to the living room, it's unnecessary, so I just "group" the two rooms when I'm playing music, which has no delay.
Userlevel 7
I have the 5.1 Playbar, sub, 2 play ones in my living room/theater. I want a sub and a play 5 in another area to stand alone or play simultaneously for music, is that possible?

I might add that bonding a sub to a single Play 5 may not be worth the expense. A single Play 5 is going to sound very good on it's own without the sub. The sub IMO becomes more noticeable (adding more depth) when bonded to a stereo pair wherein you have much better separation. Ergo Play 5 x 2 w/Sub.

Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'd seriously look at the Play 1 or Sonos One Pairs and a Sub combo over the 5 and a Sub. folks here seem to think that is the most bang for the buck.