Answered

Sub not performing as it did.

Badge

Long story short… my Sub was amazing when I first got it in July of 22. However the last month or so the wow factor has gone. I couldn’t feel it or hear it like I could.

I called Sonos and spent an hour or so on the phone. They concluded it must be faulty, but they couldn’t detect an issue.

I went out got a brand new 2nd Sub, run them as a pair and it’s still underwhelming. The songs I played to show how good the sub is to friends, now sounds ordinary. No way would I want to show this off now. 

I’m running an arc, 2x One’s, 2x subs all with latest updates. 

any thoughts? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 23 March 2023, 17:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried moving the Sub to a different location? Have you performed Trueplay and adjusted the EQ and Sub Audio levels?

Badge

No point in moving it, it was great in that location. I have changed all settings, but again it was fine,

I now need it on +8 to know I even have a sub, and now that’s with two subs. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Is it bad with different music sources?

Userlevel 7

No point in moving it, it was great in that location. I have changed all settings, but again it was fine,

I now need it on +8 to know I even have a sub, and now that’s with two subs. 

Something isn’t right. I have my Sub Audio level set to 0 and it sounds great. Have you tried removing the Subs from the Arc and unplugging the Arc and Subs from power for a couple of minutes? Do you have Wi-Fi enabled on all speakers in the Sonos app?

Badge

I will try resetting my arc tonight. My sub was reset with no difference made.

I was more than happy with it at 0 like you say. Somethings not right at all. 

Badge

Reset arc, no better. This must be an issue with Sonos and how they have changed the the eq balance.

I worked for 15 years indirectly in professional audio, the change is drastic! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Reset arc, no better. This must be an issue with Sonos and how they have changed the the eq balance.

Are you using Trueplay? If so try turning it off. There seem to have been a lot of issues with Trueplay recently. 

Badge

I’ve turned true play on, off and re tinned it. I have tried anything I can think of 

Badge

This is the what’s shown in the system for the subs 

Badge

Full factory reset done on all products and still very little bass from the sub. I am going to chat to sonos  chat tonight and see what can before. I don’t want to move from sonos but I’m just not happy at the moment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

I had the EXACT same issue. They neutered the entire sound profile a few updates back. I complained and had the usual corporate apologist on here telling me to bad, they know better. Well, the kast update seems to have placed it all back very similar to how it use to be. Is your system completely updated? It's ridiculous they keep messing with the sound profile. People listen to systems and make decisions based on that to purchase....that is a recipe for unhappy customers! STOP MESSING WITH THE SOUND PROFILE!

Userlevel 7

@Drpope Just checking because you didn’t answer this question before… are you sure all speakers in your setup have Wi-Fi enabled in the Sonos app?

Which speakers are wired with an ethernet cable?

Badge

All Wi-Fi to the Sonos hub. No connection issues 

Userlevel 7

All Wi-Fi to the Sonos hub. No connection issues 

The fact that your system shows your devices as “WM: 0” indicate they are in a “wired” setup. Are you sure you don’t have any Sonos device wired with an ethernet cable? Are you using a Sonos Boost?

In the Sonos app, you can specifically enable or disable Wi-Fi for each individual device. Are you 100% sure Wi-Fi has been enabled on the Arc, Subs, and Ones?

Badge

Nothing is wired it shows as WM0 due to it been connect wirelessly to the Sonos boost.

Wi-Fi is on and they are working, just not very well at all. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Drpope 

Sorry to hear about the issue with your Sub. I recommend you again get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - that a second Sub sounded the same should lead them to a different conclusion, and perhaps therefore to a resolution.

I would be sorely tempted to just try them/it in another location first, however - even a small change may alter the perceived volume significantly.

I hope this helps.