Answered

Streaming sound from Optoma UHD42 to SYMFONISK Picture frame?

• 2 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi!

I would like to connect sound from my Projector Optoma UHD43 (Jack / SPDIF) to my SYMFONISK Picture frame speakers, which is the best way to do it?

I also have UHD Cast Pro, but can’t figure out to setup sound streaming to SONOS.

Also is there a cheap way to do it without buying AMP?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 January 2023, 18:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Not directly, as ‘front’ speakers, no. 

They could be used as surround speakers by bonding them to a Sonos Ray, a Sonos Beam, or a Sonos Arc, which are designed to function as front speakers in a home theater context. 

Where would you position the soundbar in case with projector and the canvas? 

On the top above the canvas (nearly to the ceiling) or below canvas, basically on the ground? 

In general, I believe below the screen is better, and more so with the Arc, due to the nature of its upward firing speakers. 

But I’d encourage you to do your own testing, and see what you prefer. There isn’t a true answer, other than what your own ears tell you. 

I playing with the idea of buying the Sonos Beam and putting the soundbar on the above the canvas…

Just I have another dilemma… Projector has only Optical output or Jack for sound…

Is there a point to invest in HDMI divider and do the connection to the soundbar with HDMI cable?

With HDMI theoretically I should be able to use Dolby Atmos and with optical cable only Dolby Surround. 

But is combination of Beam & 2x Picture frames enough to do the Atmos effect? Any point in chasing Dolby Atmos?

Since the Beam doesn’t have upward firing speakers to accentuate the Atmos component, and you’re ultimately compromised by the placement of any soundbar, I’d not chase the Atmos sound. Again, we’re talking about personal taste here. 

Thank you for your time and responses!

Your insight was really helpful!