Speech enhancement and night mode not working

• 29 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello all, 

When I first got my Beam a few months ago, the Enhance speech and night mode settings both seem to make a noticeable difference to the audio of movies and tv shows. However in recent weeks, if found that nether Enhance speech and night mode seem to make any difference at all. I'm not sure when the features first seemed to stop working or if its just that difference it makes is so minimal i just got used to it and stopped noticing.

If anyone else had this problem or has any ideas, please let me know 😊

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @TacticalTeacake, welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern.

Let me help you with this by following the steps below to see if it works for you.

1. Unplug the optical cable from the Sonos Beam and the TV. 
2. Unplug the power cable from your TV, the Sonos Beam, and any connected audio source (such as a cable box or video game console). Wait 30 seconds before you plug them back in.
3. Reconnect the optical cable to your TV and the Sonos Beam. Inspect the optical cable to ensure it’s not bent or kinked and check to see that it’s fully inserted into both devices.
4. Update the TV’s software (if available)
5. Check for Sonos update - Settings > System > Check for updates.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above. Please submit a diagnostic report and post here the confirmation number to check your system functionality and to further assist you with this. We'll wait for your reply.

Hi @Rowena B. . I followed the steps above, but still don't notice a whole lot of difference with either the Speech enhancement or night mode function enabled.

I've submitted the diagnostic as requested. Ref 1498666804

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @TacticalTeacake, thank you for getting back to us on this and for submitting the report. The diagnostic showed no errors found. At this point, I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support for more in-depth troubleshooting and perform real-time audio testing. If you have any questions, feel free to reach back.