Answered

Sound dropping whilst streaming Dolby Atmos

• 30 November 2020
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

I’m trying to fix this issue that has had all the basic troubleshooting attempts without any change. Whilst streaming Dolby Atmos audio from Netflix, the sound will randomly drop out all together after approximately  20-30 minutes. The only fix is to rewind a few seconds and reload the video - which then allows another 20-30 minutes until it drops again.  

I’m streaming via the internal Netflix app on my SonyA8H using a 48gbps HDMI cable from my EARC connection through to my Sonos ARC. 

The Sonos system info will say Audio In: Silence when this happens. My diagnostic confirmation number is 644717621.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, can’t work out any other troubleshooting ideas.

icon

Best answer by JAP 10 December 2020, 05:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @JAP.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

Checking the diagnostic report, I can also see that the Arc is not getting any audio signal/codec and it shows ‘silence’ status.

When issues like this spring up the more information we can gather about the issue will help us resolve the problem. 

• Is this only happening while streaming on the built-in Netflix TV app?
  • Have you tried other sources, and music playback if the issue occurs?
  • Kindly check if the same interruptions happen when using TV speakers?

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you may have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Hi there,

Thanks for your response. The Firmware update to v6.4960 for Sony TV’s seemed to have fixed the issue. Listed in the firmware update was a fix that resolves an issue where intermittent No Sound from Sound Bar while Watching Netflix/Amazon. So believe this was a Sony issue and not Sonos.

Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @JAP.

Thanks a lot for getting back and sharing with us what resolves the issue. It’s nice to know that there’s no issue with your Sonos system and the problem was sorted out. 

This information can benefit those who might be experiencing the same situation and looking for answers here in the community.

I will mark this thread as resolved and I’m looking forward to the continuous smooth sailing of your system.

If you have any questions or concerns,  feel free to reach out.

Cheers!