Question

Sonos with B&O 18

• 2 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi.  I have the B&O 18 with Transmitter 1 and a Sonos Connect in the living room.  I have a few other sonos equipment in other rooms.

My current setup:

Sonos Connect is the hub with 1 input (3.5 mm AUX Audio from TV) and output via TOSLink to my Transmitter.  The B&O transmitter connect wirelessly to my speakers and subwoofer.  Music experience is good except for AirPlay2.   TV Experience is bad with a noticeable delay.  I rarely watch TV so not an issue.

With all the extra time at home because of covid, I do like to improve this and hopefully bring in AirPlay2 for music and fix the TV issue.  

Last year, I tried to upgrade to the Sonos Port but that doesn’t have TOSlink that connects with my B&O Transmitter.

What do you recommend?  What is the best way to connect the TV to a sonos?   Or should I try to route the TV directly into my B&O transmitter?   I have not been able to do the latter before.   I had tried connect my TOSLink directly from TV into Transmitter and RCA from Sonos to Transmitter.   But the transmitter doesn’t have volume control since it’s not an amp.

Thoughts will be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @ezrapa, and welcome to the Sonos Community!

In general we recommend a dedicated Home Theater speaker for use with TVs - due to the volume of traffic that needs to be transmitted, as well as the native delay on Line-In sources, using a Connect for this purpose is not recommended and will often result in audio drops, and delay between the video and audio.

You can find here an overview of our Home Theater speakers - with both Home Theater speakers shown at the time of writing (Beam & Arc) supporting AirPlay 2.